Karachi Kings vs Quetta Gladiators 2nd Match Highlights 2018:
Here comes the second match of Pakistan Super League 2018 between Karachi Kings vs Quetta Gladiators. The third edition of Pakistan Super League is on his way. In the first match, the newcomers Multan Sultans taste the dust to the defending champions Peshawar Zami in the do or die match.
Now its match number two the team of Karachi Kings and Quetta Gladiators clash together in their opening match. Both teams played their first match in this tournament. Quetta Gladiators have a very good side, they have a highest winning percentage in this entire tournament as compare to other teams. While Karachi Kings is also a very good side, they are favorites for this tournament. Full Match Highlights Are Given Below.
Karachi Kings won the toss and elected to bat first.
- Karachi Kings vs Quetta Gladiators 2nd Match, Pakistan Super League 2018
- Friday, February 23, 2018
11:30 AM GMT (04:30 PM PST)
- Ranmore Martinesz.
- Rashid Riaz.
- Ahmed Shahab.
- Khalid Mahmood.
- Mohammad Anees.
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- Dubai International Cricket Stadium.
Venue Scoring Pattern:
AVERAGE 1ST INNINGS SCORE:
AVERAGE 2ND INNINGS SCORE:
- 211/3 (20 Ov) by SL vs Pak
- 71/10 (19 Ov) by Ken vs IRE
- 183/5 (19.4 Ov) by Afg vs UAE
- 144/6 (20 Ov) by Pak vs Eng
Karachi Kings Squad:
- Joe Denly, Khurram Manzoor, Babar Azam, Colin Ingram, Ravi Bopara, Shahid Afridi, Mohammad Rizwan (wk), Imad Wasim (c), Mohammad Amir, Tymal Mills, Mohammad Irfan Jnr
- Lendl Simmons, Saifullah Bangash, Eoin Morgan, Mohammed Taha, Tabish Khan, Hasan Mohsin, David Wiese, Usama Mir, Usman Khan
Quetta Gladiators Squad:
- Rilee Rossouw, Umar Amin, Kevin Pietersen, Asad Shafiq, Shane Watson, Sarfraz Ahmed (c & wk), Mohammad Nawaz, Jofra Archer, Anwar Ali, Hassan Khan Mohammad, Rahat Ali
- Jason Roy, Rameez Raja, Mahmudullah, Saad Ali, Saud Shakeel, Rashid Khan, Mir Hamza
Karachi Kings have won the toss and elected to bat first and send their openers into the crease. Khurram Manzoor and Joe Denly open the match the start was not too good for the Kings. They just build up 34 runs opening partnership. Joe Denly run out (Watson) in the fifth over of the game. Babar Azam came into the crease a lot of expectations for this player but he cant give their hundred percent.
In the 10th over Babar Azam caught behind bowled by Rahat Ali he just scored 10 runs. Colin Ingram replaces Babar Azam he is the highest run scorer in the side he played thrashing innings of 41 in just their 21 balls. Ravi Bopara Support him to build up a good total but he cant do. Shane Watson bowled fabulously he took 3 big wickets in their four-over spell and he just gave 22 runs. While Anwar Ali and Jofra Archer took two wickets each in their four overs.
Karachi Kings set the target of 149-9 in their twenty overs.
The start was not good for the Quetta Gladiators. Asad Shafiq and Shane Watson come into the crease a lot of responsibility on the shoulders of these two batsmen but they cant fulfill the wishes of their team. Both the openers loses their wicket in just the third over of the second innings. Quetta was 4-2 in the 2.1 overs. Umar Amin and Kevin Pietersen come into the crease for their side but KP also not give their hundred percent. He just scored 6 runs in 4 balls bowled by Tymal Mills.
Quetta is in trouble. The run rate pressure comes in. Imad and Afridi bowled brilliantly, Imad took two wickets and gave 19 runs while Afridi took 1 wicket and gave 23 runs in their four overs. Umar Amin played a good knock he scored 31 runs in 31 balls but he cants finished the match for their team. After 10 overs Quetta was 53 for the loss of four 4 wickets.
The skipper also cant do anything for his side he scored just 7 runs in 6 balls and give their wicket to Shahid Afridi. The last hope for the Gladiators is Nawaz he batted good but he also cants finished for their team. Quetta needs 32 runs in 10 balls, Anwar and Hassan play in the crease but the game is over after the wicket of Anwar Ali. Now Quetta needs 28 runs in their last over of the inning.
But the game is over Quetta Gladiators scored 130-9 in their 20 overs
Karachi Kings won the match by 19 runs.
Man Of The Match
- Colin Ingram for his brilliant batting.